Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Looks do matter


Wait! Don't read this blog until you look at the picture. Did you see it? Good, now here is a funny story about this beautiful (if I do say so myself) dessert. I wanted to write a message today about the importance of food presentation. I went to a meeting after work and got home at about 9:30 pm. After folding two loads of laundry and emptying the dishwasher I knew I still need a visual aid for my post. Here's how the petite cherry pies were made: used a glass to cut circles in a boxed pie crust, opened a can of cherry filling and baked them for half an hour, mixed some Snack Pack pudding with water, made four dots then added four dots of blueberry pancake syrup in between, swirled the plate, plated two mini pies, doused it all with powdered sugar, shot some whipped cream and pinched a piece of mint off the plant by my sink. It was truly effortless, but you'd never know. By the way, less than 100 calories a piece and it tasted as good as it looked. After all, taste matters too.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious, and you made it sound so easy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete