Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hungry for Water

Yes, hunger can very well be mistaken for thirst. One great tip for eating less is to drink a glass of water before each meal. In general, adults should drink about eight glasses of water a day. It's harder than you'd think. I've never managed to drink my daily allotment of water. The best trick I've found for this is to drink 16 ounces three times a day...that's still not enough but much better than no water. Keep an extra large glass at home and at work to fill and "chug" in the morning, at lunchtime or throughout your work day, and then again when you get home. Here is a fun site that gives you some tips on how to learn to identify your body's cues for thirst and hunger. Remember that colas, coffee and teas -- although made with water -- don't count as water. Many beverages can actually dehydrate your body. Hmm, just typing this today is making me thirsty. I'm going to get a drink and get my big glass out for the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment